Frequently Asked Questions
General Insurance FAQ’s
How can I save money on my insurance?
– Bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company
– Choose higher deductibles
– Pay premium in full
– Have a clean driving record
– Ask your agent about company specific discounts
What are the advantages to using an agent to purchase insurance?
– We work with many companies and can “shop” your insurance needs for you
– We have a wide knowledge of different insurance markets & products (personal,
– We are local, we live and work in your community
– Unbiased / objective of the companies we represent. We work for the client and
are not tied to just one company
– Personal service
Auto Insurance FAQ’s
What is the difference between collision coverage and comprehensive coverage?
Collision is when your car collides with another car or object. The only Collison that is
covered under comprehensive is collision with an animal (i.e., Deer)
Comprehensive provides coverage for all other than collision damage such as
vandalism, theft, fire, glass loss.
What factors can affect the cost of my automobile insurance?
There are many underwriting factors that can affect your auto insurance rate. The
biggest factor is your driving record along with the car that you drive. Things such as
year, make, model, where your vehicle is garaged and other drivers on the policy can
affect pricing as well.
Home Insurance FAQ’s
What is the difference between “actual cash value” and “replacement cost” on
Actual Cash Value will replace a lost or stolen item based on depreciation value of the
Replacement Cost will replace the lost or stolen item with a similar and comparable
quality at today’s current prices.
Renter’s Insurance FAQ’s
Why would I want to buy renters insurance?
A tenants policy provides coverage for your personal items as well as liability for you
and your guests. It also provides you temporary living expenses if you were displaced
from your apartment due to damage.
Umbrella Insurance FAQ’s
What is a personal umbrella liability policy?
It is additional liability coverage that provides an increased amount of protection over all
of your other personal liability policies (i.e., home, auto, boat, recreation vehicles etc.)